Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pore Strips! Reviews and more...

Biore Pore Strips:  $6-7 for 8 strips (Drug store, walmart, etc)
Everyone raves about these for blackheads and clogged pores. I was having a little trouble the first time I tried it, so I watched a few tutorials to see where I was going wrong. It’s super important to let the strip dry all the way. It will actually get hard like plaster (or paper mache). I wasn’t letting mine dry long enough! First open the package and take out a strip. Open, and set aside. Wash your face however you normally do, but after you rinse DO NOT dry your face. It’s best to put the strip on a wet face (nose, etc). Place the strip on the area and gently press it down and make sure it’s making contact with all the problem areas. Let it dry for 10-15 minutes. Mine usually take a lot longer than this, so just wait for it to get hard. Then pull it off! I pull from the outside, in…but just do whatever seems best to you.
Overall:  These worked alright for me. They seemed to get some stuff off, but I didn’t see much improvement in the area along the side of my nose where I get tiny blackheads. For the price, I probably won’t be buying these again because I didn’t see enough difference personally. But definitely worth a try!
Michelle Phan’s DIY Pore Strip:  ~$1.00 for about 8(?) applications
If you don’t already know who Michelle is, she’s a famous YouTube makeup tutorial contributor. After watching her DIY Pore Strip tutorial, I was itching to get to Walmart and get some unflavored gelatin. I love trying stuff like this. After following her directions I had a glass of tanish goo… and was so ready to smear it on my face after seeing how well it works for her. Haha J

 My first try, I made the mistake of putting it on too thickly. Beware! It'll take forever to dry if you put it on too thick. Once I had that figured out, it was easy. I think I actually prefer this method to the Biore strips. It hurts a bit more to pull off, but I felt it worked better. Plus it’s cheap! The jello cost me about a dollar, and has 4 mini packets.  Once you know what the mixture needs to look like it’s easy to make small batches and conserve your jello stock.
Pros:   
Cheap, Simple, Effective!
Cons:
Smells bad, Easy to put on too thickly


BONUS TIP!  Use a baking soda/water solution before using pore strips to loosen up blackheads! Check this out! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A86nwHnIc1U

No comments:

Post a Comment